Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pinterest Tuesday




This week I found a recipe for homemade laundry detergent. I had almost everything I needed so after a quick trip to the store for washing soda I was ready to get all Tyler Durden in my kitchen. Making soap that is....




It was very easy to do, basically you boil all the ingredients and add cold water.





I had to half the recipe because I didn't have a large enough stock pot. I'd like to get one of those drink holders with the spicket so it's easier to dispense. It does thicken up a lot so I'm not sure how that would work anyway. I used it on a few loads yesterday with soiled clothing and it worked very well. The savings on this stuff is incredible!!! 576 loads for like 6 bucks!!!


I also tried this from Pinterest this week.... tension rod to hold cleaning supplies.




Yea...major fail!!! This wouldn't hold a single bottle of Windex.


There was this recipe that I'd like to try. Easiest fruit leather I've seen. There's only 2 ingredients and no steeping or boiling. Blend and bake!





Lovely DIY Chevron painted rug.....the colors really do it for me




Cute way to dress up the bracelet craze!





Cute DIY Sweet Dress made from Daddy's shirt. I already have this pattern so all I need are the shirts!






Perfect way to chill party punch





How gorgeous is this craft room? Maybe in our new house!




Another pin that I tried was this DIY Fabric labels using muslin, freezer paper and an old typewriter. It definitely worked and I loved the look. Might try to add this to some of my items.





Don't know if you've ever seen the linen flowers on Emerson Made, but they are like $70, that's the definition of INSANE to me!!! Here is a tutorial to make your own for like a $1.





I could do this all day......


Store your wrapping paper on the ceiling of a closet...genius!


Source: flickr.com via Krista on Pinterest




Ok, how amazing is this homemade owl costume?! Definitely trying something like this for Demi this year.






1 comment:

  1. I have got to try to make the detergent, I think it is all a rip off anyway!! Love the owl costume and the wrapping paper idea. That sewing room is to die for. And I really wish that tension rod idea would have worked, would love to make more room under there!! Great blog today Krista!!

    ReplyDelete