Thursday, June 9, 2011

The most addictive snack I've ever made!!!




I'm not normally a pretzel kinda gal, but my husband is and when I found this little treat online I knew I should give it a go. Especially since I already had everything on hand :)
These are truly one of those snacks that you JUST CANNOT EAT ONE!!!! We finished the first batch in a record day and a half. Hopefully this next one can push through the weekend, haha!





You can click HERE for the original or read below for my slightly modified version. P.S. she uses healthy goodies...not me! Real butter and Jif are easily substituted.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP peanut butter

1.5 tbsp softened butter

1/2 cup powdered sugar (use more if you like things especially sweet)

1/4 cup plus 2 TBSP brown sugar

Pretzels

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I melted a whole bag and used the extra to coat plain pretzels...ya know, because these just aren't enough chocolate and pretzel!)

Directions:

Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl. Add the sugars until combined. Mixture should roll into balls easily, but if not, refrigerate for a few minutes. Use a teaspoon to measure the filling and roll into balls. Squish between two pretzels. Freeze for 30 mins and then dip into melted chocolate. Freeze for another 30 so they remove from pan easily and store in refrigerator. Exercise portion control and refrain from eating them all immediately :):)


ENJOY!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow those look yummy and I think my boys would approve! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....I'm going to make these for sure! I can even whip up a batch with gluten free pretzels for my grandsons! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Krista! Just wanted to let you know that I blogged about your recipe today and posted a link back to your blog. Thanks again for sharing this recipe! It was a big hit with my grandsons!

    http://sewmuch2luv.blogspot.com/2011/07/oh-my-gluten-free-goodness.html

    ReplyDelete