Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY Dishcloths





As you can tell I LOVE our new house! There isn't a thing I would change....well, I take that back. There is this one thing....NO DISHWASHER!!!! Gasp!!! I know, right? Needless to say I go through a lot of sponges. They start to smell so quickly and I just feel like they are infested with germs. I've tried microwaving them after use but that stinks too. Anyway, I spend a lot on sponges. So I did a little research to see if there was a way to use something around the house to make some dishcloths of my own. I found this tutorial on Knitty Bitties. I would have made those, but I still haven't bought printer ink, lol.




So I found an old towel that was on it's last use....and before you get all Josie Grossie on me, sleep safe knowing it was just a hair towel :) And it's white, so it's been bleached. I cut it into a square and used some patchwork binding to finish it off. Now I can make one for each day of the week and not worry about stench and germs.




I also worked on this lovely Mother's Day Pin this weekend. It was extremely labor intensive and my plan was to make one for all the mothers in my life, but I wasn't sure anyone but me would wear it and love it :) It's kinda big and out there, ya know? But how sweet is the little pocket to store a note or picture?








Tutorial found here!

1 comment:

  1. Well this mother loves it and would wear it!!!!! That little pocket is just the cat's meow girl!! Great way to use felt. Felt being cheap for now anyway. It reminds me of my favorite flower- The Peony!!

    ReplyDelete