Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

I LOVE going to the thrift stores. Except in our town. They stink! Literally and figuratively. Half of the merchandise is new stuff from Target and Walmart that didn't sell and they are trying to ask more for it than they originally cost. Makes me so mad. Anyway, I did manage to find a couple of gems the other day.

I got a lamp and shade for $1.99, a mirrored vanity try for $1.99, a round frame for .59c, a basket for .99c and a glass votive for .59c. I'm sure all of it will get a nice makeover too :)



And here's a sneak peek at a project that's been keeping me very busy. Hope it turns out, and can't wait to show you!


(Gotta love my sweet girl is saying "Cheese!!!" in the background)

3 comments:

  1. I love the drawer pulls, they look vintage. Where did you get them? Robins Egg Blue seems to be a theme in your home! I love it. I noticed sweet girl right off the bat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Got them at Hobby Lobby. Sometimes I try to go a different way with colors, but I just love this blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom finds the best stuff at thrift stores in California, but the ones in my town are so picked over with all the college students that live around! I can't wait to see what you do with your finds!

    ReplyDelete