Friday, August 12, 2011

Easiest No-Bake Cookies

Last week I wanted to make some no bakes, but every recipe I looked for called for chocolate cocoa powder. All I had on hand in chocolate form was choc. chips. So I searched and searched and finally found a recipe on about.com.

Prep + cook time = 4 mins.

Ingredients:
1 stick butter or marg.
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Cups Sugar
1 Cup Choc Chips
3-4 TBSP Peanut Butter
3 Cups Quick Oats (make sure you use quick oats. I used old fashioned the 2nd time and they weren't nearly as good)
1 tsp Vanilla



I'd lie down your parchment paper and get your dry ingredients ready first because once you mix everything you have to move fast.

In a large bowl toss in oats, peanut butter, choc chips and vanilla.




In a medium saucepan heat the butter, sugar and milk until it boils.




Let boil for one minute stirring constantly.




Pour the hot mixture over the oat mixture and stir until completely combined.




Quickly drop spoonfuls onto the parchment paper and let cool.




I like to take my parchment paper and tear it into strips to keep each row of cookies from sticking to each other.




These are sooo good because they arent too runny or too dry. And I prefer the choc. chips to the cocoa powder.

On another note...Demi has been such a sweetie lately. I was in the kitchen and didn't hear her for a few minutes so I went to check on her. I found her in our room being a little cutie.











We've also rediscovered Peek-a-boo!!!

Where's Demi?!


There she is!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really like your blog! I came over b/c of your Tom's tutorial on Crescendoh, and I just wanted to say hi. Your family is beautiful, and your sewing is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete