Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A before and after

So we are all moved in!!! I am loving this new house. It feels good to start fresh with everything, including decorating. I am trying to reuse a lot of what I already had to fit into my new style. I bought this "believe" artwork from Dollar General about 5 years ago for 5 bucks.

(P.S. I apologize in advance for the poor cell phone quality and un-edited pictures....so busy!)





I tore off the back (which wasn't really meant to be torn apart:) and re-designed it to my liking. I used scrap paper for the base. Can you see where I had to extend by overlapping the paper it because it wasn't long enough? Hope not because I tried really hard to disguise it. So I just kinda of eyed where I wanted my tiles to be and hot glued them on. A little more glue on the back and she was ready to hang.








I put up one of my many gallery walls today and I love the look.





Maybe when I get more stuff on the walls I can do a little house tour. Wait until you see my craft room, it's GINORMOUS!!!!

5 comments:

  1. GREAT idea with the tiles! I might be able to tell up close in person, but I can't from the pic, kuddos! I can't wait to see more, and especially, of course, the craft room!!!!!!!!!!! So so so happy for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the rest! Sounds like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the yellow craft paper that you chose. It turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG girl, great job!! You cannot see the overlap. I love the gallery wall. I just cannot seem to do that kind of thing. Maybe I can look at your stuff and steal ideas a little. Beautiful, and can't wait to see the craft room!!!!!

    ReplyDelete